PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new inkjet printer

fossyy
Aug 2, 2004, 06:28 AM
Looking for advice for a inkjet printer for home and small business use, i already have a laser printer for text docs.
I will be printing some photos but mainly colour docs, i have a power book with a wireless adsl modem/router which is set up in another room to where the printer will be so some advice on a wireless setup for the printer would be good.
I'm looking at spending aprox au$400

I apologize if this is repeating another post but this is my first mac (4months)and all this is new to me.

iBert
Aug 2, 2004, 07:08 AM
I'm an HP fan, when it comes to printers. All the printers I have owned have lasted more than 5 years. If photos is what you're looking for to print. Check the photosmart series from HP. I have one of the first models and the pictures come out great. I know maybe for the price you can get a better one or something but my trust of printers in HP is so high that I can't look at other brands. I have a friend that has a canon printer also great pictures, but one picture he gave the color sorta went out. Same thing happened with my girlfriend printer, some photos lost colors. That is soemthing you should take a look into. Another tip but you might know this, use your digital camera with high resolotion. Pictures will be great.

Hope this help any!