PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Dumb Friends + Bugspray = Headache

FriarCrazy
Aug 2, 2004, 11:29 AM
Last night my 4G iPod got some bug spray on it as a result of my friends attacking eachother with it in my car. I didn't notice until this morning, but there are tiny little spots all over the front of it now. I guess the bug spray ate away at the cover just a little bit. Its not bad, but in the right light its noticable. I was going to try some Brasso on it (thanks ipodlounge.com) but I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions about buffing things like bugspray marks out of iPods or similar plastic things.

rainman::|:|
Aug 2, 2004, 11:49 AM
I have heard similar reports of bugspray doing this. I think brasso is your best bet, after washing it thoroughly with water and soft cloths of course... the brasso probably won't erase the marks totally (it's a very mild abrasive) but it may dull them quite a bit. Just rub it on, rub it in, let dry, and buff off.

paul

goodtimes5
Aug 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
Your friends were attacking each other with bug spray? Bug spray contains arsenic.

stoid
Aug 2, 2004, 02:47 PM
Tell them to use lighters next time with the bug spray. That way it'll all get burned up and none of it will land on your iPod. :rolleyes:

Better yet, find friends that don't lack all semblance of intelligence. ;)

FriarCrazy
Aug 2, 2004, 02:47 PM
Well, mostly tormenting eachother with it. It wasn't like they sprayed half of the can onto eachother. It was only enough to make the car smell bad. Unfortunatly, my iPod managed to take a fine mist of it so it left little corrosion marks all over the case and click wheel. Its not really THAT bad, but to me it's aggrivating.

TreeHugger
Aug 2, 2004, 02:52 PM
Well, mostly tormenting eachother with it. It wasn't like they sprayed half of the can onto eachother. It was only enough to make the car smell bad. Unfortunatly, my iPod managed to take a fine mist of it so it left little corrosion marks all over the case and click wheel. Its not really THAT bad, but to me it's aggrivating.

Tell them they owe you a new iPod :D

FriarCrazy
Aug 2, 2004, 03:00 PM
Tell them they owe you a new iPod :D

He (the friend actually responsible for the unwanted iPod branding) would probably just tell me "We're even" - his iPod fell out of my car only a week ago and got scuffed up a little. I guess we just need to get cases for the little things and forget about the whole ordeal!

mac_gal
Aug 2, 2004, 04:05 PM
Last night my 4G iPod got some bug spray on it as a result of my friends attacking eachother with it in my car.

Not much to do there in Minnesota, hmm?

Just kidding! ;)

FriarCrazy
Aug 2, 2004, 07:48 PM
Only when there is no snow on the ground and you can't snowmobile :D

virividox
Aug 2, 2004, 08:25 PM
i made a mistake of waiting a while to get a case, by the time i had the time to get a case, my ipod had little nicks on it already; and i decided to forget the case cuz it would no longer be in pristine condition anyway. sigh