Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Hello all,

I'm looking for a Form Mailer solution to accomplish the following:
  • Send an HTML e-mail that prints entered values in a table
  • Redirect user to a succesful page if it passes existing form validation
  • Form Mailer should support SMTP (explained below)

The web box is on a workgroup on a different subnet other then the exchange server which is on the domain, so I need an SMTP mailer to validate using web access. (ex: mail.site.com)

This is a wordpress blog, so PHP has been installed on my server.

Thanks!

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Your request might seem simple, but honestly finding something pre-written in PHP that supports all your requirements is not easy to find. Especially SMTP support. I did find one powerful script that seems to do it all:

PHP Form Wizard ($28.00)

I saw support for SMTP, customized result pages and validation support in addition to other cool features based on the FAQ page.

Download the demo and see if it does what you want before buying. I could not find a freeware alternative that does everything you asked, but wait for a few more replies here as I admit I've not used scripts like this in years (I customize my own forms and validation on a given project, plus the only class I've had to install was a mailer class that supports SMTP).

-jim

Main Features

• Easy To install
    PHP Form Wizard is a stand-alone application run on your PC with Full install/uninstall support. There is no script configuration or editing required.
  • Unlimited Number of forms
    There is no limitation regarding the number of web forms you can process using any version of our software
  • Uploading Files
    PHP Form Wizard can make all necessary validation on the uploaded files, store it in a specified directory on your server and send you a link to download / browse the attachment.
  • Send Email to Form's owner with all Fields data
    All the submitted data to your Form can be immediately e-mailed to you .
  • Send personalized confirmation email to your visitor (Auto responder)
    Ability to send a personalized auto responder eMail to your site visitors after the web form been submitted successfully.
  • Save Fields data in a flat file format ( Text File)
    PHP Form Wizard can store all the data submitted through a form into a flat text file. The file can then be easily imported into spread sheet software like MS Excel or MS Access.
  • Save Fields data in a MySQL database
    PHP Form Wizard can save form fields data in a MySQL database running on the same server after successfully submitting the form.
  • Validate form's data before they are sent via email
    Our tool gives you lots of validation rules for checking the information that your visitors enter, You can check for required fields, email addresses, zip codes, URL, credit cards, IP addresses, Numeric ranges, a value belong to a list of values, Number of characters...
  • Save your project to work on latter
    One of the good thing about PHP Form Wizard is that it work from your PC , you can save your project to work on latter whenever you change something in your web form , No need to enter any settings again (unlike many similar tools).
  • Support multiple recipients
    Information from your forms can be sent to multiple e-mail addresses.
  • Customized result pages (The page to which your visitor is redirected after processing the form)
    You can either Specify the page matching your website design where the generated script should take your visitor once he has successfully submitted the form or you can let the script create the result page and only insert the header and footer HTML files to integrate your website template with the result page.
  • Block certain IP addresses
    PHP Form Wizard give you the option of being able to block certain IP addresses from processing your form for short term or permanently (you will find it a very important feature if you have someone attacking your website).
  • Spam Safe
    No one can view your submission details thus preventing your email to be seen by spammers on the Internet.
  • Custom success message
    You can define a custom success message to be displayed to your visitor when the form is successfully processed.
  • Custom error alerts
    You can define a custom error alerts to be displayed to your visitor whenever field validation fails
  • No Ads included
    Completely professional appearance. No Ads or third party links of any type are included in the generated script.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.