PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Pictures to Camera

Scubasteve343
Aug 2, 2004, 10:53 PM
I just got back from a vacation with my family to Florida and I took several pictures that I imported to iPhoto and then deleted from my camera... now I think the deal at Walgreens or something is you can bring in your memory card of pictures and their printer will print them out for you for like 20 cents a picture... I would like to do this but I don't know how to put the pictures back on to the memory card? if any one knows what I'm talking about and can help me in any way then please reply ASAP!

Thanks,
Steve

Balin64
Aug 2, 2004, 11:27 PM
Connect your camera to your Mac as if you were inporting pictures. Most likely, iPhoto will start. Quit iPhoto. Now, open a finder window and you should see a volume mounted as a disk image: thats your digicam. Find the ORIGINAL (iPhoto will make duplicates of rotated images as well as thumbnails, so meake sure you copy only originals) photos by browsing to your home folder, pictures folder, iPhoto, albums, and your latest import. Find the photos you want to take to Walgreens and copy them as a batch, then navigate back to your digicam's disk image and paste them. Wait for them to copy, make sure that what is on your digicam's media card are the photos you want; eject your digicam volume, and now your photos will be on your media card.

I use a Nikon D70, and it will not mount as a volume for some reason, but I have found that all consumer digicams mount as a disk image. Good Luck!

stoid
Aug 2, 2004, 11:31 PM
My Canon PowerShot S45 does not mount either when plugged in as a camera. However, if I use my PCM --> CF card adaptor, it mounts. I'd imagine that works with other card reader devices as well.

LeeTom
Aug 2, 2004, 11:37 PM
Plug the camera in, quit iPhoto if it starts.
Open Applications -> Image Capture
Go up to Devices -> Browse Shared Devices...

Can you drag stuff into it through there?

Lee Tom

Kingsnapped
Aug 3, 2004, 12:05 AM
Most of the machines at Walgreens will let you bring in the pictures on a CD-ROM. If you can't find a way to bring the images into the camera, this might be the way to go.