PDA

View Full Version : exchanges from apple

dorqiekat
Aug 2, 2004, 11:50 PM
Hi, I just got a new powerbook from the apple store. I got it today, opened it, and found a dead pixel. It's not huge, but I can see it and I didn't pay for a dead pixel. Will the apple store replace the powerbook for me? Or is this not a big enough problem for them?

Kingsnapped
Aug 2, 2004, 11:53 PM
You need at least eight dead pixels for a cinema display. I assume it's similar for powerbooks.
My powerbook came with a dead pixel too, and after a week or two I stopped noticing it at all.

edited for... coherence.

dorqiekat
Aug 3, 2004, 12:01 AM
You need at least eight dead pixels for a cinema display. I assume it's similar for powerbooks.
My powerbook came with a dead pixel too, and after a week or two I stopped noticing it at all.

edited for... coherence.

that sucks, i paid almost 2 thousand dollars for a stupid screen with a green dot in the middle of it. grrreat. I'm starting to get even more pissy.

Kingsnapped
Aug 3, 2004, 12:13 AM
If it's green and not black, that means it's stuck and not dead. It may eventually go away, or you can try to gently 'massage' it out using a non-abrasive cloth.

If that doesn't work, I swear they seem to go away after you use the machine and stop focusing on that one little speck.

dorqiekat
Aug 3, 2004, 12:16 AM
If it's green and not black, that means it's stuck and not dead. It may eventually go away, or you can try to gently 'massage' it out using a non-abrasive cloth.

If that doesn't work, I swear they seem to go away after you use the machine and stop focusing on that one little speck.

*gasp* its green! hopefully it'll go away. we tried rubbing it out before, a friend of mine had a bright blue one that was so bright it was shining. My friends are calling me anal for noticing such a small dot. But, its green, and background is dark grey... what else is your eyes going to focus at.