Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
No - I have this phone - graet phone - no iSync Support - you can download your pictures though via Bluetooth. I use OnSync in place of iSync - works OK for importing/exporting Address Book and iCal. Would be graet if Apple came out with an iSync update for a ton of phones - otherwise, what's the point?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
aricher said:
No - I have this phone - graet phone - no iSync Support - you can download your pictures though via Bluetooth. I use OnSync in place of iSync - works OK for importing/exporting Address Book and iCal. Would be graet if Apple came out with an iSync update for a ton of phones - otherwise, what's the point?
Supposedly, Apple is updating iSync in the near future. One of the enhancements is supposed to be "added support for Motorola Bluetooth phones". Hopefully, the v600 is included.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I got a Motorola V600 and I love it. Once you get a few workarounds, the bluetooth is fine. Just no support for iSync (yet).

For anyone with V600 bluetooth problems, visit:
Mac to Moto,
OnSync (for your address cards)
and here for everything howardforums knows about the V600.

/repost from other v600 thread.

josepho

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
Surrey, England
I would beg to differ. I work in mobile phones, and despite this fact I actually purchased a Motorola V600 just a few weeks ago. After using it for about a week I have come to the conclusion that aesthetically it is a nice phone, but in terms of usage, it has a long way to go. SMS messaging in particular definitely needs a lot of work. I wouldn't say that having the select/cancel keys in reverse order from the majority isn't necessarily a negative thing (though it doesn't suit me well).

I found that the battery life was pretty poor, especially when used in conjunction with Bluetooth (which I like to leave on all the time for convenience's sake). I was aware of the problems with iSync, which don't affect me greatly, but aren't ideal. The OnSync solution is an acceptable workaround, but really both parties should get on the matter ASAP.

Needless to say, as soon as I get home from studying in Spain (where I am now), I'm gonna be flogging (as in selling, not whipping) my V600.

Everyone does have different experiences I guess, just so happens mine isn't exactly a positive one.

Cheers!

drewel

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2004
Does iCal synce with V600?

using a USB cable? How about with onsync?

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Whew.. way to search and bump, rather than new thread it.

I'm 90% sure iSync now works with the USB cable. I'm still doing fine using OnSync though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.