Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nspace

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, perhaps I am missing this or need some sort of preference panel to download.

I have a 19" Viewsonic G90f, and I want to connect my Powerbook to that monitor. I connect it and I can use it as an extended desktop for the powerbook. I can also mirror the displays. However both of those options do not solve my problem, is there a way I can make the the 19" my primary monitor?

I want to have the dock ans file menu on it and run it at 1600x1200, which i can't do with mirroring because its higher than the powerbooks resolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated!

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
perference, display

you should see panels on both monitors now to change resolution

click arragments

there will be two squares that represent your monitors. there is a white bar on top of the those squares that represent your primary monitor. drag the white bar to the other square.

Nspace

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Awesome, i didn't realise you could drag that bar.

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately the picture on the external monitor is not near as sharp as the lcd, or as sharp as it is when i have Windows on the screen.

Odd I wonder how i can correct this because the controls on my display don't help it very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.