PDA

View Full Version : Problem with opening Ableton Live

Aweeeezy
Nov 28, 2009, 01:11 PM
I've been using Ableton Live 7.0.14 for awhile now and i recently decided to back up my harddrive to an external storage device and reinstall OSX...everything was working fine after the reinstall and then one day Live wouldn't work.

When i opened live, it would scan for VSTs and this first message would pop up (see first attachment)

If i hit 'ok' or 'cancel' the next message would pop up and then force quite live (see other attachment)

I've tried deleting all the install folders and reinstalling live already and that didn't work :/

Does anyone have any advice?

pkoch1
Nov 28, 2009, 02:42 PM
I would start by locating that plug-in that's causing the error. Move it to the desktop and try launching Live to see if that was the problem.

When uninstalling Live, make sure that you get anything called Ableton or Live in both the /Library and [yourusername]/Library. The important stuff is in the Application Support folder and the Preferences folder. Make sure to delete them.

Good luck!

Aweeeezy
Nov 28, 2009, 10:45 PM
pkoch1:

I got it to work by moving a bunch of vsts out of my users plugin folder and the library's plugin folder...i had to trash a total of 5 plugins, but at least Live opens now. Thanks for your help