Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
Which one?

Does here and now have an option to play classic board?

I'm stuck on which one to get but i just want to play the classic game.

Ward

macrumors newbie
I've only played the original, but it's pretty good. I wish the trading screen was clearer - I've accidentally traded away several good properties because it's not obvious which way the trade is going and you can only make out the colours of the property, not the names unless you tap them.

Some of the graphics are a little dated too. There isn't much instruction, so if you're not familiar with Monopoly, you will struggle for a while.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Just bought the original Monopoly. Hoping the WiFi is good so I can play against the wife.

It's on sale through today by the way. 2.99 sale ends 11/29.

tjp888

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
Ai

What about the AI? Some of the reviews are extremely critical of the way the AI cheats (non-random dice rolls).
I was all set to purchase this until I read the reviews :(

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
What about the AI? Some of the reviews are extremely critical of the way the AI cheats (non-random dice rolls).

I haven't played it enough to verify that. I hope to play against real people more than AI. There are also three difficulty levels. I got trounced yesterday on medium.

One AI cleaned out another AI, picked up all of his mortgaged properties and basically ran the table. Just a matter of time before I was next. :p

One thing this game DID teach me is how different our house rules were growing up. We always put money in free parking and we never auctioned properties that were passed on. We had all kinds of strange jail rules.

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore

after you play a few times, you will learn the way how to pwn the AI even if they try to cheat :D

*hint: prevent them from getting all properties on a colour, then quickly build hotels on your properties when you can :p

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand

I see that different countries have different priorities... all but one of the reviews in iTunes NZ are complaining about having the US board rather than the UK one! This is despite being sold as "International" :rolleyes:

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
after you play a few times, you will learn the way how to pwn the AI even if they try to cheat :D

*hint: prevent them from getting all properties on a colour, then quickly build hotels on your properties when you can :p

I just bought this game and it's pretty fun so far! I'm kicking AI's @ss. But I can't figure out how to buy houses & hotels. I click on a property that I have a monopoly on and nothing happens when i press the green house. I'm confused. Am I missing something? :(

EDIT: I figured it out. I had to unmortgage the property i bought from the AI before I could build houses!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.