Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mraheel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
I hold an individual iphone developer license.

my apps will be released with my name. My question is, I want my application to be under a BANNER and not my name.

I currently dont have any papers though, but would it make sense if i add a copyright line such as copyright 2009 SomeWebBanner.com ???

Whats my legal status, and the websites legal stand and my ownership on obviously my application?

Is there something else, more i can do to secure banner ??

North Bronson

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
San José
Have you already uploaded your application? If so, Apple asked you for the name that you want displayed, and seemed to repeat that it cannot be changed; you might be out of luck there.

As far as ownership, this is a very complicated subject that some attorneys spend their whole lives arguing about. Are you in America? There are plenty of self-help legal books on Amazon that should help to to understand American copyright issues better.

You can also try going to your local library and looking in the "small business" section. Many "self-employed" people deal with intellectual property issues all the time. Or, if you have a law school in your area, try the library there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.