Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
...what I want to do is record my cassette collection onto my computer, then convert to MP3, then burn to CD.

I know how to hook up the cassette player to my Powerbook, get the levels right, and record the result -- but it records the cassette as one continuous track( Iv'e done this once before, and then had to open the file in an audio editor and cut out each track, and then save each one-AN EXTREMELY LONG PROCCESS WHEN I HAVE A LOT OF CASSETTES!!).

Is there a way that it would recognise the songs as individual tracks ( files )?

Or is there an overall better way to approach this task??

cheers for the help!

:D :D

al_jedi

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2004
chile
tape to CD

Hi jbrown.

Some CD burning programs (Toast, I think) will let you add “index” marks to your CD projects. Maybe your own software offers that option. Those marks will tell the CD player when each track begins and when that track ends. You can choose where to insert the index mark.

You should record your entire tape (or each tape side) to your PowerBook and save it to one big file in AIFF or WAV format (uncompressed audio). Then you can insert that file into your burning software and add one index mark whenever a new song begins.

I hope this will help.
Cheers.

al_jedi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.