PDA

View Full Version : ISDN Modem adaptor over Airport Express?

EGT
Aug 4, 2004, 08:09 AM
Hey there

Does anyone know if it would be possible to connect an ISDN modem adaptor to airport express and have it connect to the Internet? I've never heard of anything like this before so Iím not sure if it would work or not. Does it always have to be an Ethernet connection?

If not is there anyway of making an ISDN connection be usable over a wireless network?

Thanks

wPod
Aug 4, 2004, 08:38 AM
Usually the company you have the ISDN subscription from will send an ISDN modem with an ethernet output (to plug either dirctly to a computer or into a network access point (like airport express)) so yes the configuration will work, but i have never heard of a device that you can put 'in' to a third party access point to make it connect directly to ISDN. . . for that matter i am not sure if i know of an ISDN modem you can put into a computer, like and ISDN PCI card. i think most or prioritary to the different companies that provide service and it is just easier for them to distribute modems than for there to be 90 different modems on the market they must be compatible with.

robbieduncan
Aug 4, 2004, 08:57 AM
Here in the UK you do get PCI ISDN cards as well as seriel ISDN modems! To use with Airport Express it needs to be an Ethernet one though.

EGT
Aug 5, 2004, 07:52 PM
My ISP doesn't provide the adaptor I need. I'm moving house soon anyway (broadband again!! YAY!) so I won't be on ISDN for long. Thank god!!