Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmatter23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I'm attempting to transfer all of my iMovie 09 projects and events from my old computer to a new one. However, the location of the iPhoto library has changed, and it is causing my movie clips to show up blank. Here are the specifics:

The old computer currently stores its iPhoto library (which contains most of the source videos for my iMovie projects) on an external HD (~/Media). I've copied this iPhoto library to one of the new computer's two HDs (~/Media RAID) and option+clicked iPhoto to set the proper library association on the new machine. I've also copied all of the iMovie events and projects (~/User/madmatter23/Movies) to the new machine (~/User/madmatter23/Movies) in the same relative location.

The trouble is that when I open iMovie and select a project, all of the clips that are sourced from my iPhoto library display an error stating "source missing." I am assuming this is because the iPhoto library is now located under a different file path, and I'm disappointed that setting the iPhoto library association did not compensate for this difference. Is there anyway to fix the associations? I still have my old computer, so I could export, consolidate, etc as need.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
I'm not aware of a way to redirect for the location of the files.

Have you tried renaming ~/Media to ~/Old and ~/Media RAID to ~/Media?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.