Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
okay i want to buy my new 4G iPod today and i want to engrave something cool on it. so post anything you have ever thought of putting on your iPod. this is wide open, so i want to hear them. here are some ideas floating around with th epeopel i've asked already:

"iPod Therefore I Am"

"3.14159265358979..."

"Don't Take Away My
Alligator Pie"

"Turn Me Back Over
NOW!!"

"Silverback of the
Urban Jungle"

":p"

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
I'd recommend not getting it engraved if you really don't have a reason to.

It reduces the resale value and if you ever need to get it serviced it'll take several week for Apple to return it. They don't repair the iPod but send a refurb off to be engraved with the old message.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
Finiksa said:
I'd recommend not getting it engraved if you really don't have a reason to.

It reduces the resale value and if you ever need to get it serviced it'll take several week for Apple to return it. They don't repair the iPod but send a refurb off to be engraved with the old message.

yeha i thought that about my 3g ipod, but i kin dof want something now, and what if i go for something aceptable, or even appreciative of the ipod, or music or whatever. then maybe no one would mind it if purchased?

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
friarbayliff said:
How about:

"Don't Taunt The Octopus"
or
"Daily Advice Note:
Don't set yourself on fire"

lol i'm not sure about the first one, but i like the idea of putting a reminder on there. or i just thought what if i put "1984" it's both the year of my birth so it has personal significance, and it has broad appeal as a part of apple history, and maybe wouldn't reduce retainl value. hell i could claim it's a special anniversary editon of the ipod and charge more down the road :p

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
welcome to ipod nation!

I have two ipods which are mini, 4G ipod. but mini doesn't have engraving. new 4G has great engraving. I was thinking about what kind of that could be cool. but in just few seconds, I went with 'new ipod, new job, new life it's my precious!'

well, actually, expression to add 'new' because I got new ipod so that it could change my job ability, and be forward to new digital life. therefore, ipod is my precious to challenge for. :)

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
archurban said:
I have two ipods which are mini, 4G ipod. but mini doesn't have engraving. new 4G has great engraving. I was thinking about what kind of that could be cool. but in just few seconds, I went with 'new ipod, new job, new life it's my precious!'

well, actually, expression to add 'new' because I got new ipod so that it could change my job ability, and be forward to new digital life. therefore, ipod is my precious to challenge for. :)

speaka engrish?

chewbaccapits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2001
Torrance, Californizzel
What is pretty weak is that I ordered mine with a special engraving but I did not receieve it the way I wanted; they never engraved it! I know I went thru the whole process but they (Apple peeps) say otherwise...Booooo...Oh, well, anyone know if you can get an engraving from 3 party vendors??? There are stores like Things Remembered that might do it, although I'm kind of scared even if they did, know what I mean?

Burns

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2004
Aberdeen, Scotland
Mine says: "Plutonium Power Source
May cause severe psychosis".

I'm sad i know, i thought it was funny, although i really like the above post "Bite my shiny metal ass"

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
"The Fairest One of All"

(a) Complements iPod as best portable music device
(b) Complements vain user looking at reflective metallic back.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Burns said:
i really like the above post "Bite my shiny metal ass"

Me too... damn, I use that phrase really often but never thought to use it on an iPod.... very nice.

chewbaccapits said:
know if you can get an engraving from 3 party vendors???

I've got an engraving machine... just mail me your iPod. I'll take good care of it. :)

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
10,000 more reasons to steal music
10,000 more reasons to not listen to my {wife/girefriend}
Kiss my shiny metal ass
F*** the RIAA

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i dont think i can post this or i might get in trouble. . . so i will hint at it.

seen pulp fiction? know what is written on the wallet?

(this is as accuratly as i remeber from the movie)
"just give me my wallet back"
"which one is it?"
"the one that says 'bad <stuff i cant post>' "

though maybe you should save that to be put on your wallet not your iPod. . .

thats what i want on my wallet. hmmm . . . where could i get that done?

kerb

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Lancashire UK
more Smiths related ones

"I was looking for a Pod and then I found iPod"

"There is a battery indicator that always goes out"

"Some iPods are bigger than others"

"Steve Jobs Strikes Again"

and from paint a vulgar picture althought it wouldnt fit on

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)
A-list, playlist"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.