Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tapiaedgar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
1. Whenever i play song A then halfway through i decide i want to listen to song B...I go back to listen to song A it starts exactly where i left off. Why?

2. When i delete a song from the library, it just leaves a gray spot where the song was.

If its any help i have the latest version of iTunes. Ive never ever had these issues until now.

Got a solution for one of them? or both.
Thanks guys.

tapiaedgar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
No. it just leaves a long blank row where the song title and info was.
Its not the "!".

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
1. Whenever i play song A then halfway through i decide i want to listen to song B...I go back to listen to song A it starts exactly where i left off. Why?
There's an option against every song to remember playback position (Get Info/Options). Maybe it's on for all songs somehow? It's off on all of mine.

tapiaedgar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
I got the playback problem resolved..but the whole issue with deleting the songs is starting to bug me..i guess the only way ive sorta fixed it is quitting iTunes and then it goes away but i dont want to do that everytime.
Anyone?

tapiaedgar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
WTF!!
It doesnt do it anymore...maybe it felt like being a jerk for a while and give me a headache!!
Thanks guys for your help!!
:)

waynemel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
I have had this issue as well but only within a playlist. I delete the song (using there delete key) and the row is still there. Only way I have found to "fix" it is to leave the playlist and then go back and it is fixed.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have had this issue as well but only within a playlist. I delete the song (using there delete key) and the row is still there. Only way I have found to "fix" it is to leave the playlist and then go back and it is fixed.

If you use the delete key in a playlist, you're not deleting the song from your library. You're only removing it from the playlist. If you want to delete it from your library while viewing it in a playlist, use Option+Delete.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
If you use the delete key in a playlist, you're not deleting the song from your library. You're only removing it from the playlist. If you want to delete it from your library while viewing it in a playlist, use Option+Delete.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT TIP, I USED TO BE SO PISSED OFF THAT I HAD TO GO TO MUSIC AND DELETE INSTEAD OF FROM WITHIN PLIST!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.