PDA

View Full Version : RAM or hard drive upgrade for my powerbook g4?

MattMK45
Nov 30, 2009, 03:58 PM
What i would like your opinions on is what i should spend my money on first, upgrading my RAM preferably by at least a gig, or going for the 2 gig double whammy. OR... upgrade my old klunker of a hdd and put in a new one

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade both, however I want to know which will give me the most significant boost!

powerbook911
Nov 30, 2009, 04:07 PM
What i would like your opinions on is what i should spend my money on first, upgrading my RAM preferably by at least a gig, or going for the 2 gig double whammy. OR... upgrade my old klunker of a hdd and put in a new one

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade both, however I want to know which will give me the most significant boost!

Certainly it's easier to do the memory I suppose. You should feel a boost from memory upgrade. If it isn't too much, I'd MAX it out. That will make a pretty big difference depending what you're running now.

MattMK45
Nov 30, 2009, 04:11 PM
sweet, thanks for the advice!

I'm running on 512mb atm and am feeling the crunch so I always knew the leap to 2gb would be significant, i also like it how it is a great deal easier to upgrade over the hdd. The only thing is that the ram is damn expensive for my model these days