Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeWare, Inc.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
[I found this in a WAVE magazine and couldn't discover a soft-copy on the web, so I wrote it into the computer myself--enjoy. (I've also included a few attachments and comments--at the end--to raise some other points Paley forgot to mention. Ha ha. What a psycho.)]

"Apple Macintosh" Spelled Backwards Equals "Satan"

At least, if you're Dr. Richard Paley, professor of divinity and theobiology, it does. To the rest of us, it spells "hsotnicam elppa." But the weight of Dr. Paley's evidence is staggering:

1. Apple's latest operating system, OS X, was called "Darwin" while in prototype stage. "While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly atheists and pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an 'Open Source' license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, lickable buttons," Dr. Paley writes. It's also a very well-known fact that all computer programmers involved with OS X wear goat leggings and do ritual sacrifices. Kidding.

2. Then there's the company logo, an apple with a bite taken out of it. The parallel Dr. Paley draws is obvious, so we won't smack you over the head with it.

3. Finally, the killing blow -- Apple's slogan, "Think Different." Paley explains, "We have to ask ourselves; think different than whom or what? The disturbing is answer is that they want us to think different than our Christian upbringing, to reject all the values that we have been taught and to heed not the message of the Lord Jesus Christ!"

However, the good reverend does raise a strong point about poetry. His website (http://members.truepath.com/objective/members.html) bears this disclaimer: "Any message you read claiming to be from Jim Carlson or any other OBJECTIVE: Ministries member that contains vulgarities, sexual innuendo, bad poetry, or other un-Christian sentiments is to be considered FRAUD and ignored." If bad poetry is un-Christian, then all gospel Christian rock bands are going STRAIGHT TO HELL. Which is what we've always suspected, anyway, so maybe Dr. Paley knows whereof he speaks.

--end of article--

Despite this article's blatant silliness, I noted two things which seemed suddenly more significant after reading it . . .

First, a certain passage in one WIRED news article, regarding the Apple I. "It was priced at $666.66, which got the company into trouble with Christian fundamentalists." (You can find that article here: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,51907,00.html).

Second . . . take a closer look at the OpenDarwin "Hexley" logo, here: http://www.opendarwin.org/hexley.shtml

After reading Dr. Paley's thesis, one is bound to wonder . . . coincidence?

Ha ha.

Enjoy.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Well, we have been called a cult.

Funny, I always thought of M$ as being the Evil Empire. Does that make M$ Christian? Then Bill Gates must be...

That's it, I'm turning Buddist.

(what would that be in computer elitist terms? BeOS, OS/2?)

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
doesn't the church of satan use Macs? I remember that Apple got mad at them because they endorsed Macs on their site...

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by G4scott
doesn't the church of satan use Macs? I remember that Apple got mad at them because they endorsed Macs on their site...

You are correct sir. Yes, this idiot has been saying this crap about Apple for a while now. He also pics on other companies, and is good for a laugh if you cable ever goes out. Amazing how truely stupid people can be.

bunton

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
This is Amazing

One day I tell ya,

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates will return to there freindship

They will make the best OS ever and best hardware ever

It will be the only OS and hardware available, so you have to buy it

It will be called the Pmac and will cost whatever they want no matter what the worth.

The you will all be happy??????????????????????

What happpens next................

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Re: This is Amazing

Originally posted by bunton
It will be the only OS and hardware available, so you have to buy it

If that happens I'm going back to the typewriter.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
HAHA

I betcha that guy used to work at M$, and after quiting M$ and escaping a mental hospital he wrote that article! HAHA!

I like laughing at things, I have a good sense of humor, you have a problem with it?

BRING IT ON!

Anyways... Have a nice day :D

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
This sounds familiar... didn't this all originate from a web site that turned out to be one of those satire web sites like Landover Baptist? :rolleyes:

And Hexley is an awesome character!

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
This was talked about in other forums several months ago. But i guess some of you can enjoy it now.

CodeWare, Inc.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Plot Thickens

Wow; I didn't expect this post to receive many replies. Good. Glad you guys enjoy it.

Does Jaguar have any Satanic connotations? The word itself. I decided to check on this and found something vaguely intriguing:

The etymological root of "jaguar" is the Guarani word "yaguar," which meant DOG. Now . . . those of you who study palindromes will have already made the connection--but for the rest of us: DOG spelt backwards is GOD.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: The Plot Thickens

Originally posted by CodeWare, Inc.
The etymological root of "jaguar" is the Guarani word "yaguar," which meant DOG. Now . . . those of you who study palindromes will have already made the connection--but for the rest of us: DOG spelt backwards is GOD.

Ahhh... so just as DOG is the palindromic opposite of GOD, thus Jaguar is the opposite of God, thus Jaguar is Satan! :D Makes perfect sense... :rolleyes: :p

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
‘. Apple's latest operating system, OS X, was called "Darwin" while in prototype stage. "While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly atheists and pagans.’

How many times has Steve mentioned ‘Darwin’ to the world on a Macworld stage. Cheek this, < http://developer.apple.com/darwin/ > this page is available to up to 6 billion people. I’ve known this all along so I guess I’m an elite, haha.

‘ Then there's the company logo, an apple with a bite taken out of it. The parallel Dr. Paley draws is obvious, so we won't smack you over the head with it.’

Apple originally wanted to have an apple as the logo, but its not possible to copyright something in the public domain. It’s like trying to copyright the the colour blue so no one else can use it, it’s not possible. So apple had to change the shape of the apple, which is where the bite came from.

It is well know among the Christen (and Muslim) scholars it was never mentioned which fruit Eve had eaten, it’s known mealy as a fruit. The Apple is a modern day interpretation of what Eve was supposed to have eaten. I would have expected Dr. Richard Paley to have known that if he were a real Christen.

‘Finally, the killing blow -- Apple's slogan, "Think Different." Paley explains, "We have to ask ourselves; think different than whom or what? The disturbing is answer is that they want us to think different than our Christian upbringing, to reject all the values that we have been taught and to heed not the message of the Lord Jesus Christ!’

That just his stupid interpretation, its putting words in the mouth of Apples advert. I could say it referring us to think different in the way in which we go to the toilet. Come on the images Apple used along with the ‘Think Different’ slogan were of people who did good with their lives, they did nothing in their live to do with being anti Christen. How did he come to that conclusion.

This guy is a lod of shiI-...i rember the regiser followed up to their article of this and found it to be a hoax

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
ha ha ha. thats pretty interesting. i know of another thing like that. you can use maths to prove that women are the root of all evil. i'd post it now, but i can't remember.

Originally posted by crude analogy

care to elaborate????:confused:

maluscanis

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2002
I'm not sure
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
and people wonder why i'm not religious

As someone who is a deep believer of the Christian faith (I define christianity as that which was first taught by Jesus and his early followers, before the 3rd century), I find it deeply embarassing to read things like this. However, I have to say that in my experience I have found many unreligious people who are just as ignorant and unthinking as your typical Southern Baptist. Unfortunately, there is this stereotype that if you are intellectually minded you will be atheistic. However, the atheistic position is not some default worldview that needs no defending. Sorry for rambling, I just think the question of "Is there a God?" is still as relevant today as it ever was.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Jesus Nazi

I'm not a Christian, nor am I against the religion , I'm just against these fundamentalist people (I call them Jesus Nazis) who call themself Christian yet preach little of the values layed out by the New Testament. It's a shame that Christianity gets a bad name in America because of these facists.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
to me...the whole non-religious means atheist...so yah...i have no belief structure in a higher being...but, i will not push that on anyone or get into an argument about it...

unless...

they are someone like this guy here talking about how apple is evil or if it is someone who just gets entirely pissed off at me because they think i'm a terrible person for the way i am...

being originally raised as a catholic, to my understanding this would mean that you are a sinner in the eyes of god, not accepting "his people."

why can't people keep to themselves about their beliefs and not push it on to others

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.