Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Hello everyone!

As I am discovering Pages, more and more issues come at hand.

I am writing a long paper, with different chapters. In order to be able to change the order of the chapters I please, I have made a section out of each and every one.

Now I face the following problem:

The first, I think, four pages I have enumerated with roman numbers, the rest I wish to have in Arabic numbers.
That wasn't a problem.

However, now that I have introduced sections, each sections restarts the arabic nubmers.
So, e.g, page 10 start as 1, page 11, again, as 1. Each next page is a new section, therefore, starting with one.

So, how do I make those sections behave properly, and continue numbering properly?

Help is needed!

cheers!

Marlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Hello everyone!

As I am discovering Pages, more and more issues come at hand.

I am writing a long paper, with different chapters. In order to be able to change the order of the chapters I please, I have made a section out of each and every one.

Now I face the following problem:

The first, I think, four pages I have enumerated with roman numbers, the rest I wish to have in Arabic numbers.
That wasn't a problem.

However, now that I have introduced sections, each sections restarts the arabic nubmers.
So, e.g, page 10 start as 1, page 11, again, as 1. Each next page is a new section, therefore, starting with one.

So, how do I make those sections behave properly, and continue numbering properly?

Help is needed!

cheers!

Just found the answer :)

Layouy - section - continue, unmark first page is different
:):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.