PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch starts randomly playing music by itself when headset is plugged in.

Baghdadify
Dec 1, 2009, 05:14 AM
Hi everyone. I got this weird issue on my iPod Touch 3G (32gig). When I have the original Apple headset plugged in it just starts playing music randomly while it's in my pocket. I'm sure I haven't clicked the remote button, since sometimes it's in my jacket (on the coat-hanger) when it fires up.

This only happens with the original Apple headset. I'm running version 3.1.2, couldn't find anything about it when I searched.

Any ideas?

Austin2048
Dec 1, 2009, 12:47 PM
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet

Baghdadify
Dec 8, 2009, 05:06 AM
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet

Actually I did try to restore it, "problem" still there. It doesn't happen if I've got it unplugged though.

Consultant
Dec 8, 2009, 11:54 AM
Sometimes when the headphones are plugged in, the contacts can trip depending on the headphone.

Try plugging at a different speed.

interlaced
Dec 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
Try cleaning out the headphone jack with compressed air.