Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baghdadify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Bavaria
Hi everyone. I got this weird issue on my iPod Touch 3G (32gig). When I have the original Apple headset plugged in it just starts playing music randomly while it's in my pocket. I'm sure I haven't clicked the remote button, since sometimes it's in my jacket (on the coat-hanger) when it fires up.

This only happens with the original Apple headset. I'm running version 3.1.2, couldn't find anything about it when I searched.

Any ideas?

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet

Baghdadify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Bavaria
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet

Actually I did try to restore it, "problem" still there. It doesn't happen if I've got it unplugged though.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sometimes when the headphones are plugged in, the contacts can trip depending on the headphone.

Try plugging at a different speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.