Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I am currently using the trial of both programs to find out which I like best. There's two issues though:

- VMWare seems to have a drag lag in unity mode, whenever I drag a window, I can see the background from the windows desktop behind it, it doesn't seem to refresh fast enough. Is there a setting for this? This is on the newest 27 inch i7 imac, so that certainly should be fast enough not to have this kind of annoying problem. Resizing a window also goes somewhat slower than I would expect.

- Parallels. Starting a VM seems rather confusing. Unlike vmware it's not hidden until windows is started. So I see the parallels VM window and it resizes once windows has started up (login screen) then resized yet again, then applies the unity mode because that's my default mode.. I don't want to see any of this. I want it to remain hidden until the unity (or whatever parallels calls it) is ready.. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.