PDA

View Full Version : Replacement battery for iBook G4

atomheartmother
Dec 1, 2009, 07:35 PM
Where can I buy replacement batteries for my iBook G4? I remember using a good website years ago to buy parts for an old Powerbook, but I don't recall that website anymore. Any ideas?

mariov
Dec 2, 2009, 03:54 PM
atbatt.com. But itīs out of stock now. Should come back i hope. :(:eek:

fluffyx
Dec 2, 2009, 03:55 PM
As sketchy as it may seem, you can often find batteries on eBay for reasonable prices. $99 from Apple or $35-$50 on eBay. Just search for [ ibook battery ].

Eric S.
Dec 2, 2009, 06:54 PM
It depends on how much you want to pay, but Other World Computing has them:

http://eshop.macsales.com/search/battery+iBook+G4

atomheartmother
Dec 6, 2009, 08:06 AM
As sketchy as it may seem, you can often find batteries on eBay for reasonable prices. $99 from Apple or $35-$50 on eBay. Just search for [ ibook battery ].

I was looking at some generic ones on eBay for around $50. But like you said, it seems a little sketch. I'm afraid of getting some generic battery that will fry my iBook. Then again, the iBook is so old that I really don't want to invest over a $100 in a battery for the laptop.

Eric S.
Dec 6, 2009, 11:27 AM
Then again, the iBook is so old that I really don't want to invest over a $100 in a battery for the laptop.

If the iBook still does what you need it probably makes sense to spend the money for a battery. But there definitely comes a point with these old systems where it's better to put the money toward a new one instead.