Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I am looking for a thin (but durable) leather iphone case that has a flap that comes over the screen and velcros.

I have seen a few but I am not sure which might be a good one. Anyone here have one?

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
i got the sgp vintage case (this one is for my ipt3g 32g)
they do have the iphone version as well for these vintage type cases.
i will post with reviews of this case in about 2 weeks, i only had it for 1 week now and so far im liking it a lot :p

Attachments

• vint1.jpg
    vint1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 77
  • vint2.jpg
    vint2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 73
  • vint3.jpg
    vint3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 77

thepinched

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
how thin is the SPG

zdblue11, how thin is that case? i have the seidio innocase ii and it's thin...nice. i'd love to know if the SPG is pockable...thin enough. there is no clip so it has to go in the pocket i guess.

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
zdblue11, how thin is that case? i have the seidio innocase ii and it's thin...nice. i'd love to know if the SPG is pockable...thin enough. there is no clip so it has to go in the pocket i guess.

yea its pretty thin. hope this picture helps.

Attachments

• vint4.jpg
    vint4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 72

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
The SGP illizion does not have the fancy but the grain and inside felt are exceptional.

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
The SGP illizion does not have the fancy but the grain and inside felt are exceptional.

yea the inside is like the cleaning cloth material soft
i also like the fact that there are no stichings on the case which may wore out with a long period of use.

thepinched

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
just got mine

the SPG illuzion legend black...it's really nice. and super thin. i thought the flap would be annoying but it's light and it really doesn't bother me either flap open or folded back. it's really pocketable too. the innocase ii covered the chrome and had a nice feel, but the illuzion just feels more secure as closed it's completely covered.

overall i like. takes a little getting used to but super nice quality and thin as can be.

thanks!!

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I really like the way the SPG looks. The only question I have about it is if the flap can unfold all the way back behind the case. The reason being if I'm using my iphone in car holder and I want to be able to see the screen for Navigon or streaming music, do I have to take the iphone out of the SPG case or just bend the front flap all the way behind it??

pourme

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
I really like the way the SPG looks. The only question I have about it is if the flap can unfold all the way back behind the case. The reason being if I'm using my iphone in car holder and I want to be able to see the screen for Navigon or streaming music, do I have to take the iphone out of the SPG case or just bend the front flap all the way behind it??

I'm very interested in this case also....I also am concerned with the management of the flap....anyone with one of these care to comment?

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
I have the sgp vintage case and i normally dont bend the flap all the way because i am careful with the case. But at times, I do bend the flap over 180 degrees and have no problem. I am just a bit worried if i do this too often, i might wore out the leather. It's a leather strap afterall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.