Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hi All,

First of all, hopefully you won't treat this Post as another "which is the best iPod Touch Case?". I bought an 8GB iPod Touch for Christmas for my girlfriend, and I would like to buy her a case to go with it. I am trying to get tips from ladies who have an iPod Touch case, or guys who know any girl with an iPod Touch and have seen which case they're using or just any person who knows good iTouch cases.

Currently, she has an iPod Nano which she carries with her on her purse, she has one of those transparent silicon cases, but I don't think one of those will look nice on her iPod Touch. Some things I think might be useful if you want to give me your opinion on a case are:

- Screen should be easily accessible (No cases in which the iPod needs to be taken out)
- Her iPod Nano is Pink so I think something in those (girly)colors should be ok, although a nice black one or any other nice color would do if the case is nice.
- It should protect the iPod good enough, since she will be carrying it in her purse, where it might get scratched or something without a case.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have or any other tips which would help me decide which case to buy.

ski2moro

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Reminds me of that old joke, "Got a iPod for my girlfriend. Not a bad trade, actually." <rimshot>

I recommend the Incase Slider. Good protection for the hardware. You can add a screen protector if you feel it's necessary. You can remove the bottom part to use it in a dock. Not sticky like silicone so it won't get stuck in your pocket. Not so slick that you won't have a good grip.

Downside, there aren't that many colors for the Touch case, lots more for the iPhone case.

As with any girlfriend gift, keep the receipt and offer to exchange it if she doesn't like it.

jcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
belkin cases?

Thanks for the suggestion on the InCase, the one thing I don't like is the small variety of colors, like you said. I was looking at some cases and I liked this one for her

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=473787

She once told me she liked this one:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oJNkZXNHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But it seems it's been discontinued and it was for the 1G, I couldn't find it for the 2G/3G.

Does anyone has some experience with the Belkin cases in general?, I looked at the Vaja cases, I liked them a lot but they seem a bit pricey, plus I don't know exactly how much would be to send it to Germany and what import taxes I would have to pay, so I better stick with something I can find here.

Any other examples that have the style of this 2 Belkin cases?

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.