PDA

View Full Version : Problems with desktop "wallpaper" - colors and stretching to fit my display!

DazedNConfusedX
Aug 5, 2004, 01:13 AM
I searched for a discussion to give myself answers, but couldn't find one. :(

I have a 15" PB w/ a 23" Cinema Display connected. I set up the "wallpaper" for each screen's desktop. Things looked fine. Then today, I was working away - didn't do anything too unusual - lots of web-surfing via Safari and downloaded some stuff, too.

Then I tried to change the "wallpaper" for each display's desktop, and ran into problems on the 23" CD. First, I tried to change it to some of the "Solid Colors", but no matter which color swatch I choose, the display only shows that medium blue color.

Also, when I try to pick any of the Apple "Nature" pics in widescreen format (ladybug, dewdrop, sand dunes, etc.), the nature picture does not fill up the whole 23" screen - it looks more like it's stretched to fit a 15" or 17" PB-aspect ration display.

I had used these nature pics before for the 23" and before, they stretched out fine.

When I choose a wallpaper that I downloaded myself, a 1900x1200 pic, it is fine - it stretches to fit the screen snugly.

I've restarted a few times and disconnected/reconnected the CD, but this problem still persists.

I've also told it to "detect displays" to see if that would help reset/fix anything, but it didn't.

I don't seem to be having similar problems w/ getting the color/picture I want, and for it to fit normally, on the 15" PB.

I called Apple support, but they are closed right now! :(

Hope someone has the answer - thanks. :)

broken_keyboard
Aug 5, 2004, 06:18 AM
The Apple pics won't fill up the screen if you had "Center" selected when you were showing your own pic. So go back to your own pic for a sec, then a combo box will appear and choose "Fill screen" and then go back to the Apple pic. (I'm talking about in the Desktop system prefs)

This might not be it, but it is one possibility.

DazedNConfusedX
Aug 5, 2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks, broken_keyboard, but I don't think that's it. I don't even see centering as an option in setting up my desktop picture / background.

Does anyone else know? :confused: