PDA

View Full Version : Apple Warranty

jtgotsjets
Aug 5, 2004, 01:23 AM
Alright. My 2 month old iBook's left speaker is all of a sudden crapping out.
The thing is, I don't want to send it out to Apple because I'm leaving for college in a couple weeks.
My college has a little Apple store inside the bookstore. Are those normally able to perform repairs or will I have to send it out once I leave?

rdowns
Aug 5, 2004, 04:59 AM
Alright. My 2 month old iBook's left speaker is all of a sudden crapping out.
The thing is, I don't want to send it out to Apple because I'm leaving for college in a couple weeks.
My college has a little Apple store inside the bookstore. Are those normally able to perform repairs or will I have to send it out once I leave?

College bookstores can not peform repairs. You will either need to send it to Apple or find a local reseller who does repairs. Chances are they will diagnose the problem, let you take your iBook and bring it back when they receive the part.

wdlove
Aug 5, 2004, 02:48 PM
Boston University has a computer store. They sell and repair Mac's. Considered to be an authorized repair service.

latergator116
Aug 5, 2004, 02:57 PM
Boston University has a computer store. They sell and repair Mac's. Considered to be an authorized repair service.

Brown University as well.

You will probably be able to ship it out and receive it before you leave for college. I have sent my iBook out a few times and the most it has ever taken is 5 days.