Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivepoint

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
IOWA
What accessories do you own for your Macbook Air? Which accessory could you not live without? What accessory do you WISH you owned? Lets create a list of "Must Have" Macbook Air Accessories!

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Incipio Macbook Air case.

it's so elegant and it fits the Air really nicely.

MacbookAir.jpg

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
Best accessory? Condoms, for all the ladies you pick up with your sexy Air.

Oh yeah, and a Tucano second skin sleeve. If only they'd not put on that "Macbook Air" text on it, so you aren't advertising.

I just rejoined the ranks of MBA owners and it feels good, I really missed having my MBA. Which I will use to segue into my most-wanted item, though not really an accessory, a Runcore SSD. I just ordered a 64GB for my new(used) 1.6GHz Rev. B.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I don't use any accessories; at most the AC adapter if you count that as an accessory.

Everything is wireless. I don't use external mice, keyboards, etc. If anything I find a wifi hotspot and I access my files via VPN to my home network.

Thunder82

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
An external monitor, and a 60wh / 100wh Hypermac battery are the only things I use. I love the smaller hypermac batteries, fit in my travel bag very easily, are lightweight, and increase the battery life quite a bit.

Hypermac

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009

Attachments

• muzetto_large_inside_md.jpg
    muzetto_large_inside_md.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10,515
  • banner_muzetto.jpg
    banner_muzetto.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 9,836

nok123

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2009
Just purchased a MacBook Air rev.C last week. Wonderful! Here's what I purchased along with it:

- Spire Torq laptop backpack with sleeve
- LG slim DVD/CD drive (self powered)
- Griffin USB hub

That's it for now ...

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
A thumbdrive is about all I regularly use with my Air. I have a cheap bag that I got at the campus bookstore that works great for jamming all my books and the Air in.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
My favorite accessory is my Verizon MiFi. It gives me wireless internet wherever I am, and I don't need to plug anything into the USB port.

chickadee

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
I got this bag for my Air.

Colourfastt, I love that bag so much I finally had to delurk to ask what kind it is!

My must-have: a Timbuk2 Curly-Q quilted laptop sleeve. That thing has taken a couple of decent hits, and my beloved little Air is none the worse for it.

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
My new Macbook Air just arrived today... I've been looking at buying this leather sleeve and leather carrying bag. What do you think?

31hPVG2KoZL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...UTF8&coliid=I1Y47BMACHTU3T&colid=ZU0UYNXSAAU4

418oFgEmtML._AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Kenneth-Cole-...UTF8&coliid=I28MQ4Z3Q3RL4A&colid=ZU0UYNXSAAU4

I like this sleeve.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/macbook-air-cases/executive-sleeve/

I had a Kenneth Cole bag that was very "pretty," in a photo, on the Internet. The problem was, I got it and it was poorly made. After six months it was literally falling apart at the seams.

I would recommend that whatever bag you buy, you see it in person and ensure it is well constructed and meets all of the needs for everything you plan to carry in it from the charger, to MBA, to books, pens and etc. I find that reviews don't seem to match what I expect from designer bags, and that photos on the Internet cannot show the quality of the bag.

good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.