Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

namanhams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Hi,

I have a UITableView with some sections, each has its own header view.
When user taps on the header view of a section, all rows of that section will collapse. What i do is, I set the number of row of that section to 0, and then call :

Code:
[self.tableView reloadSections:sections withRowAnimation:UITableViewRowAnimationBottom];

Everything works as expected, except 1 thing : the header view of the section becomes white blank. When i scroll the table, then the header becomes normal again.

So i guess there's some problem with the drawing of the table.

1 funny thing is, if i use UITableViewRowAnimationFade instead, then even when i scroll the table, the header is still white blank.

namanhams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
If i use
Code:
[self.tableView reloadData]

instead, then everything works fine.

The reason i use
Code:
[self.tableView reloadSections:sections withRowAnimation:UITableViewRowAnimationBottom];

is because i want animation.

nashyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2010
Bristol
I did it but it makes no difference.

Did you solve this all those years ago? I'm having a similar problem where the animation is causing my custom header view to move upwards about a new headerview. It looks weird.

I just want the animation.

roustk

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2006
You are probably caching the header views. If you do, make sure to clear the cache, do not reuse the views when you change the table view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.