Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
I've recorded a short movie using photo booth, but it's still about 20mb

Is there an easy bit of free software I can download to squash it down a bit? Almost like decreasing the file size of a pdf? I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the physical srceen size of the movie or the quality. It's just a little big to post.

Cheers in advance.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
What kind of video is it? How long is it? How small do you need it to be? It's kind of hard to recommend settings if you don't know much about the input file, and have no idea what the output should be like.

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
1-"I've recorded a short movie using photo booth, but it's still about 20mb
Is there an easy bit of free software I can download to squash it down a bit? Almost like decreasing the file size of a pdf? I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the physical srceen size of the movie or the quality. It's just a little big to post.

Cheers in advance."

You could also try the isquint app. it's pretty selt explanatory, a lot of options for shrinking down video files.

2-
Hello guys..
I don know i am posting at the right place or not. Actually I just found out about utorrent. I downloaded a movie and want to copy to a dvd. what will be a good program that is easy to use to do this so I can watch it on my dvd player?
Thanks You in Advance.
scaricare Gran Torino

Depending on the type of file (avi, mpeg, etc) Roxio Toast is good for burning them to a disc.

rebeccamartin

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Hello guys..
I don know i am posting at the right place or not. Actually I just found out about utorrent. I downloaded a movie and want to copy to a dvd. what will be a good program that is easy to use to do this so I can watch it on my dvd player?
Thanks You in Advance.
scaricare Gran Torino

I can say if its a torrent download then it will not be in DVD format, the movie will be either in avi, mov, mp4...
o copy it in DVD you need to first convert it to VOB format (it is dvd format) only after that you can burn it to your dvd. there are lots of software available for the dvd format conversion to convert your movie file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.