PDA

View Full Version : Tagging albums Lossless in iTunes for search-ability

wis99ski
Dec 3, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hello I have a very large music library and want to be able to tag an album "Lossless" so when I am using my library on a higher end audio system I can easily search "Lossless" and all the lossless albums come up. I put "Lossless" in the Grouping text box but when I search for Lossless nothing comes up. Is there a way I can tag my Lossless albums so I can easily search all Lossless albums with out having to put lossless in the Artists or song title?

pkoch1
Dec 3, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hello I have a very large music library and want to be able to tag an album "Lossless" so when I am using my library on a higher end audio system I can easily search "Lossless" and all the lossless albums come up. I put "Lossless" in the Grouping text box but when I search for Lossless nothing comes up. Is there a way I can tag my Lossless albums so I can easily search all Lossless albums with out having to put lossless in the Artists or song title?

If I were you, I would create a smart playlist that grabs every song that has a grouping (or Kind) that's Lossless. It's not exactly what you are asking, but I think it would be the easiest way to sort them quickly.

c-Row
Dec 4, 2009, 01:13 AM
Smart playlist is the way to go. You can easily check whether a file is Apple Lossless or not. Unfortunately I don't know the english translation of the fields you are looking for, but you should get the idea.

wis99ski
Dec 4, 2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys Ill do that! I can make that work