Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jobsfnby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I have an iPhone 3GS that i got less than a month ago.

When i set up internet sharing in system preferences my iphone will show that it is connected under settings but when i go to the home screen it will always show 3G. The only time it shows wifi is when it's in airplane mode. When I go to school my iphone stays connected to the wifi when i have 3G and EDGE on so i have no idea why it is losing the connection on my mac at home.

When i turn airplane mode on and get my iphone to stay connected for a while, i open the iflash application on the computer and select a deck. Then i go to export and select export to iphone or ipod touch and the application recognizes my phone on the network but when i select it it asks for a 4 digit passkey on my iphone. While the application is open on my iphone it never shows a 4 digit passkey and so i can't enter anything on the computer.

Anyone know why the iphone won't stay connected to the wifi while my 3G is on in the background?

Has anyone else had this problem with iflash?

mods, i'm not sure if this is in the right category

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.