PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Imac based on imac g4 styling - Just a dream

ermir4444
Dec 3, 2009, 09:14 PM
I was thinking what if apple came back with the excellent imac g4 styling in the next generation imac and stuck in a i7 and decent graphic?

I mean imagine having the 27" led panel standing on top of the half globe and being able to tilt it and telescope it and rotate it anyway you want...

And the panel would be amazingly thin since its an LED backlit panel, (think Samsung Led tv thinness - less than an inch) and the whole computer having a unibody anodized aluminum like the current line.

I mean that would just be amaizing.

By the way the Imac G4 styling still looks like it came from iRobot.

What do you people think?

Bryan Bowler
Dec 3, 2009, 09:31 PM
There's a picture of this floating around in the last few pages of threads. No offense, but it looked ugly to me!

Bryan

Badger^2
Dec 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
I always thought the 20" iLamp looked totally top heavy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3346653685_01c70449fc.jpg

And iMacs are already 1" thick for the most part...even with the whole machine back there...

EliteF50
Dec 3, 2009, 10:31 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/EliteF50/iMac2010-Elitef50V2.png

audx
Dec 3, 2009, 10:44 PM
^^ ugly...

looks way better now

Xtremehkr
Dec 3, 2009, 10:58 PM
The iMac G4 was a bit of a design failure in my opinion. The arm that held the screen was rumored to cost around $200 initially, which is more expensive than some of the more important computer parts of the computer.

I think the current design is the optimal balance of form and function. Especially the unibody aluminum design.

Apple has room to brag about the new design, it's all kinds of engineering cleverness.

EliteF50
Dec 4, 2009, 06:54 AM
^^ ugly...

looks way better now

Agreed. I also like the new design better.

Shivetya
Dec 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
Have to agree with others, the new design is worlds apart better.

Now, give me a mini with an iMacs power and let me decide what screen when and where I want it and then we'd be talking

knewsom
Dec 4, 2009, 11:00 AM
Have to agree with others, the new design is worlds apart better.

Now, give me a mini with an iMacs power and let me decide what screen when and where I want it and then we'd be talking

NOW you're dreaming.. :rolleyes: