PDA

View Full Version : ibook keyboard stuck?

seebol
Aug 5, 2004, 01:57 PM
I just installed some RAM in my ibook by removing the keyboard and airport extreme card. Upon replacing my keyboard, I've discovered that it seems to be stuck. I can't re-life the keyboard. The right tab lifts up, but the left tab doesn't lift out of the case. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? I guess this isn't really a problem unless I want to upgrade my RAM further in the future, but it'd be nice to know that I can remove my keyboard

Mord
Aug 5, 2004, 02:02 PM
there is a space between f5 and f6 on your keybord put you fingernail in that groove and twist it. it's a lock to stop people stealing ram

Finiksa
Aug 5, 2004, 02:41 PM
I've had this happen before, the front edge of the keyboard (near trackpad) needs to be slotted in fully. You need to jiggle it till it slides in fully otherwise the keyboard latches get stuck, you should be able to pull it up using a bit of pressure without damaging it.

Either that or the keyboard is locked, like Hector said.

seebol
Aug 5, 2004, 03:00 PM
I've had this happen before, the front edge of the keyboard (near trackpad) needs to be slotted in fully. You need to jiggle it till it slides in fully otherwise the keyboard latches get stuck, you should be able to pull it up using a bit of pressure without damaging it.

Either that or the keyboard is locked, like Hector said.

Thanks! I yanked up the keyboard (that was scary!), and managed to seat it fully after some tinkering.

Finiksa
Aug 5, 2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks! I yanked up the keyboard (that was scary!), and managed to seat it fully after some tinkering.
No problem, we aim to please ;)