Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I paid for an iPod touch update to 3.1.1, and after 0.4kb of download it fails with the error code 8247, asking me to check my network connection. I have tried downloading this update on 3 different networks with no success. I've paid for this update and am now unsure what to do.

krazynate

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2009
I am having the same problem. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to remedy this situation? It is an 8247 error if that helps

papatevye

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
Same problem here, I have searched and can't find any answer yet.
I e-mailed support yesterday with the problem and they say within 24 hours I'll get a response so I'm guessing that will be Monday. Any help would be great and I'll post what they say when they respond unless someone else comes up with a fix already!

papatevye

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
Now Working!

Well it figures as soon as I posted that it is now working.
It was apparently an iTunes server issue and I am currently downloading the update. Everyone having this issue should try again, or in about 15 minutes after mine is done.... XD

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Well it figures as soon as I posted that it is now working.
It was apparently an iTunes server issue and I am currently downloading the update. Everyone having this issue should try again, or in about 15 minutes after mine is done.... XD

I just tried and didn't work, so I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.