PDA

View Full Version : Can I add wireless to a ibook g3 12" 500mhz

raver
Aug 5, 2004, 09:31 PM
Can I add wireless to my ibook g3 12" 500mhz with a airport card? If so are there any sites showing how you can take apart a ibook to add the card.

Are the airport cards the only pcmcia cards that work?

Thank you kindly.

emw
Aug 5, 2004, 09:39 PM
The 12" 500Mhz iBook should be "Airport ready," which means you can add the Airport card (don't know about Extreme). Your user manual should outline how to do this.

Otherwise, you could use a USB wireless adapter of some sort, but your best bet is probably the Airport card.

Finiksa
Aug 5, 2004, 10:04 PM
Are the airport cards the only pcmcia cards that work?
The iBook doesn't have a standard PC Card slot so only the Airport card will work. To install it all you have to do is unclip the keyboard and plug the card in, there should be instruction on the underside of the keyboard.

bbarnhart
Aug 5, 2004, 10:23 PM
If Apple doesn't sell any more non-AirPort Extreme cards you can probably find a zillion on eBay.

Crikey
Aug 7, 2004, 04:23 AM
If Apple doesn't sell any more non-AirPort Extreme cards you can probably find a zillion on eBay.

Or on the shelf at your local retailer. Someone else here asked about this last week, so I looked at our college bookstore and they have a pile of AirPort cards they must have bought as Apple put them on clearance.

Crikey