Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SinfulGaze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Alright, here's the problem:

Since I got my iPod, I've loved it. Unfortunately, it had a strange problem that I couldn't understand. Everytime I hit the button at the top, nothing would happen. However, when I touched the volume up button, it would turn off (Not turn off, but go black. I can't recall the word for it.) and turn the volume up.

That wasn't really a problem for me, though until a little while ago. My iPod was returned to me after being stolen for a few days. I was very happy, and it worked fine when I brought it home. Now (two days later) I plugged it in, and it won't turn on.

Not only that, iTunes is saying that it's plugged in, but the screen is just black...

And it's going in and out of iTunes, like it's being plugged in and taken out, but I haven't moved.

Help...?

Should I just send it in?

I have no money for another one, I spend a while saving up for it and it's very dear to me.

Help, please :confused:

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
Alright, here's the problem:

Since I got my iPod, I've loved it. Unfortunately, it had a strange problem that I couldn't understand. Everytime I hit the button at the top, nothing would happen. However, when I touched the volume up button, it would turn off (Not turn off, but go black. I can't recall the word for it.) and turn the volume up.

That wasn't really a problem for me, though until a little while ago. My iPod was returned to me after being stolen for a few days. I was very happy, and it worked fine when I brought it home. Now (two days later) I plugged it in, and it won't turn on.

Not only that, iTunes is saying that it's plugged in, but the screen is just black...

And it's going in and out of iTunes, like it's being plugged in and taken out, but I haven't moved.

Help...?

Should I just send it in?

I have no money for another one, I spend a while saving up for it and it's very dear to me.

Help, please :confused:

Have you tried a restore in iTunes? (if it can stay long enough connected)
if you are still under warranty i would suggest calling Apple and schedule a replacement iPod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.