Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SashaFierce

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
I want yo buy a pair of these, but I'm wondering if you guys think they are too girly for a teenage guy to wear? I'll probably get the black ones.
monster_heartbeats_by_lady_gaga_1-540x244.jpg

Heartbeats_Glam_Pair_Black.jpeg

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
First of all, who cares. What is so bad about "girly"?

Second, no. They are awesome. Who makes them, and what are they called? I'll buy a pair right now. :cool:

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
As a 21 year old guy, I don't see a problem if you got the black or silver ones. I prefer the silver actually. The only thing "girly" is the L in the squareish heart. But really, it someone picks on you for that, they have major self esteem issues, so you just laugh at them and move on.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
well just showed these

to my 13 year old daughter she hates them. she says they look retarded and ugly. I asked her this before telling her they were Gaga designed. Oh my daughter isn't girly though she loves horror movies

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Yes they're girly (they have a freaking heart on the side of them) but who cares. If they sound good and you like them, it shouldn't matter.

Nancy.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
No. I have the black one and it's very good. It's a perfect fit for the ears too. Lady Gaga donned them in her music video - Love Game.

EDIT: OP, you may want to use TIMG tags for the pictures.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I actually saw a guy at my High School wearing them, and being a tech nerd I knew exactly what they were, but they didn't look that queer.

But my manager at Best Buy bought a pair and told me they suck really bad because the jeweled part that sticks out weighs so much it makes the headphones hard to stay in.

tilmonabbott

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Worcester Ma
i think the real question is why are you worried about a pair of headphones being too girly when your name is SashaFierce? If you're really worried about looking girly with a name like that then you should get the red ones because you'll at least make beyonce somewhat proud.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
First off, who cares if it's what you want...

Second, I think they're AMAZING I've been wanting them too. :D I think the red/pink ones are definitely more feminine but the black and white ones look sharp.

bigrobb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee
i actually got the black pair i was worried about it to but I dont think the black ones are girly they are actually kinda cool looking they sound pretty good to.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
I tried these out a week ago, and they are overpriced for what you get

I bought my ER-6i Headphones for $50 shipped from amazon ( no longer on sale), they definitely sound better than the $100 Lady Gaga's

Quote from an online reviewer

. So that being said, they can best be compared to the Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic that are near the same price range but in sound quality and style, the Heartbeats are certainly far superior.

One dim spot is the bass reproduction…surprisingly, low bass and low end detail is not very strong on output.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
They don't look too bad. Personally I don't trust Monster all that much but if they sound good then hey, enjoy. Monster's in ear division seems to be a step above the rest quality wise (looking at the Monster Turbines).

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
They don't look too bad. Personally I don't trust Monster all that much but if they sound good then hey, enjoy. Monster's in ear division seems to be a step above the rest quality wise (looking at the Monster Turbines).

a lot of reviewers have been saying though that these really aren't meant for audiophiles (the way the dr. dre ones, and others were )

but hey to each their own

Kenzembo1

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Youngstown, OH
I kind of like the silver/white ones...i think they look best with the mac aesthetics. The black ones look pretty cool to, but the silver ones are truly unique :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.