Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wazzjazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
I recently compared copying my 8mm camcorder movies to a Sony Hard drive & DVD burner against bringing them into imovie 09 and burning them with iDvd and their was a dramatic loss of colour and sharpness using imovie 09.

Since my movies needed to be edited I was wondering if I switched to Final Cup Pro or Express will there be any image loss when I use these products?

G

anthemus

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Denver
I recently compared copying my 8mm camcorder movies to a Sony Hard drive & DVD burner against bringing them into imovie 09 and burning them with iDvd and their was a dramatic loss of colour and sharpness using imovie 09.

Since my movies needed to be edited I was wondering if I switched to Final Cup Pro or Express will there be any image loss when I use these products?

G

You shouldn't see a loss of quality going FCP/FCE. Where you may lose quality is the encoding of the clips for DVD. MPEG2 compresses the heck out of video.

Here's an article about Quicktime and Gamma. The gamma can differ in applications make your video appear different as well.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/aadams/story/quicktime/P0/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.