Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi I just purchased a new laptop and my Ipod touch says when I sync with the new laptop whether should I erase contents in my touch because it's synced with another pc?

My question is will this erase all apps as well besides songs?

What's the best way to keep apps in place and syncing with new laptop?

Thanks!

Shankar

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
You need to decide what computer you want to sync with first off.

Then make sure your library is moved there - there are directions on Apple on doing that depending on what OS you are running.

An iPod device can only sync with ONE computer, but each computer can have multiple iPods.

When i borrowed my dad's Touch and did a sync on my computer, it erased his apps and left the movies he had on there.

I rather would have had Myst than Bourne Identity. :D

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Anyone else who would like to assist? thanks!

Maybe apple? I have no clue if you have a Mac or a PC - you don't say, and the instructions might be different. I wouldn't know, i've only had a Mac since i got an iPod.

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449

Like i said, you need to.

1. Decide what computer you want to hold your library. If you want the new one to hold it then...

2. move the library BEFORE you sync

3. Sync then be on your way

IF you choose to sync with a new computer, without your library, it will probably ask you about transferring purchases. THis will NOT transfer your music. See above on moving the library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.