Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyCodez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
I pretty much have everything implemented that should be for this functionality but one thing is bothering me. During the purchase process there are multiple alerts popped up by the storekit and there is that wait inbetween screens as it is loading / checking/ ect information from itunes.

During this time the user can use functionality in the app, I would like to add uiindicatorview so the user knows something in the app store is occuring.

One question is does apple provide any "easy" way of implementing this within their code. or would i need to imeplement a thread of sorts to run in the background while this is occuring. Or just leaving the purchase alerts as is, it seems like apple would like some sort of indicator that the purchase is in mid process.

Any thoughts on this issue would be great!

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
I pretty much have everything implemented that should be for this functionality but one thing is bothering me. During the purchase process there are multiple alerts popped up by the storekit and there is that wait inbetween screens as it is loading / checking/ ect information from itunes.

During this time the user can use functionality in the app, I would like to add uiindicatorview so the user knows something in the app store is occuring.

One question is does apple provide any "easy" way of implementing this within their code. or would i need to imeplement a thread of sorts to run in the background while this is occuring. Or just leaving the purchase alerts as is, it seems like apple would like some sort of indicator that the purchase is in mid process.

Any thoughts on this issue would be great!

activityView = [[UIActivityIndicatorView alloc] initWithActivityIndicatorStyle:UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteLarge];

[whateverView addsubview:activityView];

[activityView startAnimating];

AndyCodez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
activityView = [[UIActivityIndicatorView alloc] initWithActivityIndicatorStyle:UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteLarge];

[whateverView addsubview:activityView];

[activityView startAnimating];

Lol I know the code, I just don't know if you can do it in between the alert views that pop up as part of the in app purchase methods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.