PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook Wireless Not Cooperating With School Wireless

Sawtooth811
Dec 7, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hi, again. I'm having a little frustration with the wireless in my school. Every time I try to connect to "CPSWIRELESS", on my G4, it says it's connected, even if it automatically gives me an (inaccurate) random IP adress. I've typed in all the IP address numbers & stuff (I've found one of the DELLs working with wireless) in system preferences, and the pasword to unlock it, and it will not get on. I even have a FULL AirPort signal. Can someone please help me out here? Wireless will be greatly appreciated!:cool:

P.S.: I didn't just use the EXACT same IP address from the PC; I've changed the digits after the last decimal after that. Didn't work either.:mad:

BlueRevolution
Dec 7, 2009, 02:45 PM
It gives you an "inaccurate" IP address?

colourfastt
Dec 7, 2009, 04:15 PM
Have you talked to your school's IT department?

Sawtooth811
Dec 16, 2009, 10:00 AM
Actually, yes. They couldn't figure it out either. Other people (including PC users) who've brought in their notebooks say they have the same problem, and yes, I've had the correct IP address and everything. Is there a driver or App I can get to fix this?

Sawtooth811
Dec 16, 2009, 10:03 AM
By the way, it's been doing this with the past iBook G4's I've owned since February of this year.

hoosierfan24
Dec 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
just contact the school they might have some weird security setting