PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS Rumors Got Hacked

BillClinton
Aug 6, 2004, 11:27 AM
Macosrumors.com got hacked. Check it out (DO NOT read if you're at work) http://macosrumors.blogspot.com/

Kingsnapped
Aug 6, 2004, 11:46 AM
Subtlety is forgotten here. Hacking a page would be much funnier if people can quit saying "OMG... IM THE WEBMASTER AND IM A FAG!!11"

Comedians should become hackers. The internet would be much cooler.

windowsblowsass
Aug 6, 2004, 12:31 PM
they didnt hack it, they made their own page which copied mosr on bogspot and wrote in some dumb stuff at the top

scem0
Aug 6, 2004, 12:56 PM
MOSR would do something like that just for hits.

I hate MOSR.... :mad:

scem0

Sun Baked
Aug 6, 2004, 01:06 PM
i enjoy this new MacOSRumors much better than the one of old. At least the guy posting today's update is honest.... heh.... the weed and the crack explains a lot about the quality of their updates...

windowsblowsass
Aug 6, 2004, 01:52 PM
MOSR would do something like that just for hits.

I hate MOSR.... :mad:

scem0

umm MOSR didnt do it, someone with a grudge against them made a pagr on blogspot that looked like MOSR

BillClinton
Aug 6, 2004, 02:46 PM
umm MOSR didnt do it, someone with a grudge against them made a pagr on blogspot that looked like MOSR

I thought they made this page, because of problems with their hosting company? I'm pretty sure this is the official temporary web-page for MOSR... Could be wrong though

cubist
Aug 6, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yep, you're "wring" as you put it, macosrumors.com is back up.

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 05:03 PM
I thought they made this page, because of problems with their hosting company? I'm pretty sure this is the official temporary web-page for MOSR... Could be wring though
yeah it was the temporary page of MOSR until they sorted out their `problems` and stuff like that. Theyre so unbelievably outrageous now. I just read the pages for fun and for some laughs...mm

scem0
Aug 6, 2004, 05:44 PM

I know -.-

I was just saying that I wouldn't be suprised if the real MOSR did something like that to get hits.

scem0

King Cobra
Aug 6, 2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but the link they have that went to the so-called "explanation" had some very tasteless comedy (and an R-rated image). So I don't think that would be very nice of MacOSRumors to want to do that unless MacOSRumors only attracted the adult crowd. I have strong doubts about that.

BillClinton
Aug 6, 2004, 07:52 PM
macosrumors.com is back up, however, it still doesn't explain the odd post on their blogspot page.

BillClinton
Aug 6, 2004, 07:54 PM
Yep, you're "wring" as you put it, macosrumors.com is back up.

Yeah, thanks for point that out. Just another example of the quality education I have from our public schools. By the way, where are you in Northern VA? Live in Fredricksburg myself

Duff-Man
Aug 7, 2004, 12:01 AM
macosrumors.com is back up, however, it still doesn't explain the odd post on their blogspot page.Duff-Man says...I think because it is not his blog page - it's a spoof. If you read some of the comments left, before the person gets around to editing them out, you'll see that someone keeps posting as the "real" Ryan Meader saying that the whole page is fake...oh yeah!

Sun Baked
Aug 7, 2004, 12:36 AM
Funny thing is that I feel the "fake" Ryan Meader on the blog site will probably have ended up being more accurate than the real one.

Well Ryan has MOSR paid up through (Record expires on 16-Jul-2005) -- so there is a good chance we'll be doing this again same time next year.

King Cobra
Aug 7, 2004, 09:52 AM
Except by then everyone would have left, even the people that pay for the service, and the rats would be running the site (and eating the server away). They better have great typing skills.

King Cobra
Aug 9, 2004, 08:29 PM
MacOSRumors removed the blog entry and the link to the explanation. Since the two MacOSRumors threads have been quiet, I'm guessing that few others here know about it (or prob. few people care about MacOSRumors).