PDA

View Full Version : What a bust for me....

CubaTBird
Aug 6, 2004, 01:05 PM
Man, I just got my senior transcript in the mail and im gonna have to retake chemistry! I had this really arrogant chem teacher junior year and everyone including I hated him. More than 75% of the class had D's or lower... I thought of getting him reviewed but figured it wouldn't go anywhere because he is so "thought of highly" by the staff... He always left us in the dark too.. Most of the time for personal family issues and stuff.. Still... im pissed... the good thing is i only have to take the first semester b/c i past the second... ~sigh~ i feel so ******** stupid... the irony of all of this is im gonna see a lot of familiar faces in that class next year... i talked to my councellor and she said i would get a diff teacher, hopefully for the better..... :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

me_94501
Aug 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hmm...sounds a little like my high school Chem teacher, except most the class passed...barely.

Sorry, man. That sucks. :(

CubaTBird
Aug 6, 2004, 01:27 PM
my gpa survived though.. as of yet i have 3.33.. i aiming for a cal state collge anyway... those uc's are way to demanding and stuff.... :o

jayscheuerle
Aug 6, 2004, 03:17 PM
I thought this thread was about getting a boob job...

Dr. Dastardly
Aug 6, 2004, 03:37 PM
My High school was about the same except our chem teachers rocked and our english teachers were @sshole$

musicpyrite
Aug 6, 2004, 03:44 PM
Hmm, I'll be taking chemestry next year. (I'll be a Sophmore, yay!)

I love chemistry, but like physics even more.

But the reason my GPA is 3.00 is because of Latin and English.
English teacher was a jerk, but a good teacher.
Half way thourough the year I got a new teacher in Latin, both teachers were asses btw.

Science, math, and history are what I really love. :) (and good at to)

me_94501
Aug 6, 2004, 06:30 PM
those uc's are way to demanding and stuff.... :o

I'll be at one this fall (Berkeley)! *is nervious*

applemacdude
Aug 6, 2004, 07:02 PM
I'll be at one this fall (Berkeley)! *is nervious*

Hello From Oakland!

question fear
Aug 6, 2004, 07:03 PM
I thought this thread was about getting a boob job...

is it just me or do these forums have plastic surgery on the brain lately? this is the third or fourth time i've cruised into a forum and along came some crack about plastic surgery. :eek:

King Cobra
Aug 6, 2004, 07:04 PM
I have to take Chem Lab 1 & 2 even though my AP Chem credits were accepted for Chemistry, but not for the labs I did, now that is painful! You have to redo the Chem labs, but you somehow have to remember what you learned (not all that great, either) from AP Chem.

With that being said, lucky you guys.

jayscheuerle
Aug 6, 2004, 09:34 PM
is it just me or do these forums have plastic surgery on the brain lately? this is the third or fourth time i've cruised into a forum and along came some crack about plastic surgery. :eek:

I'm guilty to boobs on the brain, but I prefer the OEM kind.

Real men don't make out with plastic.

jayscheuerle
Aug 6, 2004, 09:41 PM
Man, I just got my senior transcript in the mail and im gonna have to retake chemistry!...

Back in my unfulfilled pre-med days (I ended up going to art school), I found myself on academic probation (not the double-secret kind a la Animal House), with the chance of getting tossed out of school. I responded to the GPA challenge by taking Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Calculus 2, Psychology, Shakespeare and Japanese, knowing full-well that failing was not an option.

I didn't fail.

Unfortunately, I wasted another semester of school before I headed out west to the Otis Art Institute in L.A., smoking and tripping my way through 4 years of Illustration (HEY, IT WAS THE LATE 80'S!!). Anyways, I'm working in the field, so it's not that bad.

Good luck. Rise up. Kick ass. - j

CubaTBird
Aug 6, 2004, 11:07 PM
for sure im gonna rise up and kick ass... ;) :D ;)

its just that i tried and tried with that stupid teacher and gave me soooo much ******** bull..... like one day after school, I wanted to know what i had to get on the final to at least give me a C-, (i had like a 67%), in the class.. he turns his back on me and says in a very pompus voice "oo i don't know, u have to figure it out" i wanted to kick his ass to bad.... i left the room and slamed the door, next day he didn't give me credit for my hw... and it wasn't just me, a lot of my friends had a similar experience with him tooo. well, this september, this diff teacher i hope is all well.... :o

Duff-Man
Aug 6, 2004, 11:58 PM
Duff-Man says...with 75% getting D's or lower (no, I am not talking about the boob-jobs heheheh) it seems there is really just cause for the teacher to be reviewed. Yes, there is such a thing as standards but if this particular person does not seem to fit in with any kind of averages it is not likely that the students are stupid - it is a teacher with a chip on his shoulder for some reason. You (and the other students) should not be paying the price for that...oh yeah!

Neserk
Aug 7, 2004, 12:19 AM
My first high school chem teacher had a speech impediment and was very soft spoken. Some of the kids made fun of him. How he dealt with it was by being an *******. I made my "e's" like a backwards 3. It was easy to tell the difference between my capital E and small e. But he insisted that because it was written "e" that it was wrong. I had a high GPA and he about killed it because he refused to look at the evidence (all my papers written with e's like that). Thankfully for my Chemistry education, I moved. My second Chemistry teacher was EXCELLENT! I went from a C to an A.

CubaTBird
Aug 7, 2004, 11:37 AM
another thing that bugged me is that i did ALL OF the hw, and yet still got a D.... I mean i got 100% on hw and like low D's on tests... that should of balanced to a c-... but he had a stupid point system where tests were like 300 points and hw was like 15 so it was impossible rise up once u were stuck in the hole. :mad:

JesseJames
Aug 7, 2004, 12:55 PM
(Sigh) The price we pay for lousy ass teachers.

CubaTBird
Aug 8, 2004, 01:41 PM
have u guys heard of ratemyteachers.com/ratemyprofessors.com? its interesting you can rate teachers, and leave nasty comments lol... my school blocked the site though...

iJon
Aug 8, 2004, 02:10 PM
I have to take Chem Lab 1 & 2 even though my AP Chem credits were accepted for Chemistry, but not for the labs I did, now that is painful! You have to redo the Chem labs, but you somehow have to remember what you learned (not all that great, either) from AP Chem.

With that being said, lucky you guys.
man thats cheap. a lot of my friends did the whole AP thing and some stuff didn't transfer. I made high school easy on myself. I didn't need a scholarship and i was going to the university of arkansas who will take anyone who waves a check. instead of doing the the whole ap thing i actually took college classes through my high school and attented my local community college in my spare time for a semester. ended up racking 16 hours of core credits, putting me a semester ahead along with some college experience. hopefully it all works out good, same goes for the guy who started the thread.

have u guys heard of ratemyteachers.com/ratemyprofessors.com? its interesting you can rate teachers, and leave nasty comments lol... my school blocked the site though...

yeah that site is great. i went through each of my classes and picked out the best professors at my uni and picked them at registration, now i know what to expect...at least i hope so.

iJon