PDA

View Full Version : Paris Keynote - who's going?

erik1975
Aug 6, 2004, 01:09 PM
I just got my Paris Keynote ticket in the post today. Are there many other Macrumors faithful that will be attending?

I hope Steve is healthy and well, and there to present the new iMac, new iPod 4G hidden feature announcements, and who knows what else??? I just hope he doesn't announce a speed bump/price drop on the Powerbooks. I just ordered one that is on its way from China as I write this.

A few questions for those more experienced with Keynotes:
1. Is there typically good wireless coverage at Mac expos? I.E. should I bring my Powerbook, or leave it in in the hotel for better security?

2. For those of you who are going, or who have been before, does the email registration ticket get replaced with the paper keynote one?

liketom
Aug 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
Got my Tickets too , can't wait for it, going to paris on eurostar !! that will be cool

tom

wdlove
Aug 6, 2004, 02:47 PM
I just got my Paris Keynote ticket in the post today. Are there many other Macrumors faithful that will be attending?

I hope Steve is healthy and well, and there to present the new iMac, new iPod 4G hidden feature announcements, and who knows what else??? I just hope he doesn't announce a speed bump/price drop on the Powerbooks. I just ordered one that is on its way from China as I write this.

A few questions for those more experienced with Keynotes:
1. Is there typically good wireless coverage at Mac expos? I.E. should I bring my Powerbook, or leave it in in the hotel for better security?

2. For those of you who are going, or who have been before, does the email registration ticket get replaced with the paper keynote one?

I can't afford a trip to Paris, my dream is someday to be at MWSF.

I also pray that Steve will be healthy enough to give the Keynote. Hope that is might be available via satellite to local Apple Store's.

There has been good wireless coverage at MacWorld's that I have attended.

I would recommend printing out your E.Mail. Doubt that they will send paper.

I'm sure that you will enjoy your trip.

Sabbath
Aug 6, 2004, 03:42 PM
I was planning on going, had everything arranged with my gf etc. but my dissertation (thesis) which is due in for 15th September is behind schedule so I may have to miss it. Which admittedly won't be so bad if Steve isn't back fit & healthy for it. So yeah I'm a 50:50 at the moment.

MacsRgr8
Aug 6, 2004, 05:47 PM
I was also planning on going, got myself registered too a couple of months ago.... But it's looking pretty bad for me. :( My work will probably prohibit me... got a tough week then.

I went to the MWParis Expo and Keynote speech the last two years, and always had my "paper" tickets sent to me a few weeks before the Keynote speech, unlike this year.

BTW... it could be a strange MacWorld: Announcement of iMac G5, but possibly without dear Steve!
Would Schiller be up on stage then instead?

liketom
Aug 9, 2004, 03:21 AM
It would be kinda cool for us Macrumors Members to meet up for some drinks sometime in Paris i for one would love to meet some fellow mac members. Maybe like on the Monday (bank holiday in uk) before the start of the expo on Tuesday?

Let me Know if you do

Tom

MacsRgr8
Aug 9, 2004, 08:24 AM
I'd love to.

Got my Keynote ticket today!....

But as I mentioned before, it doesn't look too good for me. :(
Maybe, just maybe I will be able to make it... :o

whooleytoo
Aug 9, 2004, 10:10 AM
I might be in Paris around expo time.. What's involved in getting into the Expo & keynote? Am I too late to get tickets?

liketom
Aug 9, 2004, 12:47 PM
goto www.apple-expo.com and you can still get tickets last time i checked

see you there

tom

whooleytoo
Aug 9, 2004, 05:34 PM
goto www.apple-expo.com and you can still get tickets last time i checked

see you there

tom

Thanks tom! I owe you a beer^h^h^h^h French Chardonnay.. ;)

liketom
Aug 10, 2004, 03:28 AM
No problem , i could do with a beer or two ! hope to see you there !!

Maybe with the release of 10.3.5 update we might see some new Hardware release at Expo ? looks like the iPod's new feature will be revealed later on today or maybe not lol hell it's Tuesday and i always like Tuesdays.

Tom

whooleytoo
Aug 10, 2004, 06:03 AM
No problem , i could do with a beer or two ! hope to see you there !!

Maybe with the release of 10.3.5 update we might see some new Hardware release at Expo ? looks like the iPod's new feature will be revealed later on today or maybe not lol hell it's Tuesday and i always like Tuesdays.

Tom

Well, it's the perfect event for the new iMac launch! That (hopefully) should be well worth the price of the trip, all on it's own.

orbital~debris
Aug 18, 2004, 01:48 PM
The only thing I'm still trying to work out is how I'm gonna order my new Mac (iMac G5), when i'll be sitting in the auditorium watching the Philnote… :D

Maybe Apple should delay their online store opening just long enough for us all to bundle out of the keynote & order what they've just annouced!

aswitcher
Aug 19, 2004, 01:25 AM
The only thing I'm still trying to work out is how I'm gonna order my new Mac (iMac G5), when i'll be sitting in the auditorium watching the Philnote… :D

Maybe Apple should delay their online store opening just long enough for us all to bundle out of the keynote & order what they've just annouced!

is the keynote to be telecast?

CrackedButter
Aug 19, 2004, 04:42 AM
Well unlucky for me, I'll be flying over the Paris Expo at the same time on my way to Japan, I'll get the news once I touch down and reach the Ginza Store in Tokyo! I might even get a chance to see one if they are ready for shipping!

So, who wants photos!!