Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I have a question about re-encoding in Handbrake. I tried asking in the Handbrake forums, but the people that run that forum never accept my post. Well I encoded several Blurays using a preset that I made and later when I went to watch on my ATV they had the pixel fading issue that was introed with the new version of handbrake, which you can fix by putting :weightp=0 in the options of the video. Anyways, how can I re-encode these without the original MKV's since I deleted them and have no loss in quality and no huge file. I tried using my preset and just bumped the quality to 100% but then I went from a 4GB file to a 20GB file. Any help at all would be appreciated.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I don't think you can re-encode without noticeable loss in quality--can't say that I've tried but I've read numerous other posts suggesting against it.

Best suggestion is to just re-rip the blu-rays and start over.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I don't think you can re-encode without noticeable loss in quality--can't say that I've tried but I've read numerous other posts suggesting against it.

Best suggestion is to just re-rip the blu-rays and start over.

Yeah I was afraid I was going to have to do that.

The Mad Kiwi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
In Hell
Just re-encode them with the Apple TV preset. Unless you're one of "those" people who sit 3 feet from your TV looking for faults you'll be happy with the result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.