PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 install help!

Lastb0isct
Dec 7, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi all - Need some help...

Okay, so I have a PowerBook G4 laptop that has an older hard drive in it from a Dell Laptop. I am getting the blinking ? and Face problem and i've researched it. I have tried booting up through Panther and Tiger and neither work. Is there anything else that I can do to remedy this?

Do I have to reformat the HDD somehow? I am a PC guy and this is brand new to me. With all the research i've done nothing has helped so...please HELP!

To add to this, when I hold the option key it doesn't display ANY volumes or my CD Drive...

iBookG4user
Dec 8, 2009, 12:01 AM
If you try to use the install disk with the computer, it does not boot into the installation? (Make sure you are holding 'c' after the startup chime)

Lastb0isct
Dec 8, 2009, 12:15 AM
Okay, I got it to boot to the CD. I was able to reformat the HDD. Only problem is when I try to install Mac OSX it says that it won't be able to boot from this disk or install it to this disk. Do you know why this is?

iBookG4user
Dec 8, 2009, 12:30 AM
Okay, I got it to boot to the CD. I was able to reformat the HDD. Only problem is when I try to install Mac OSX it says that it won't be able to boot from this disk or install it to this disk. Do you know why this is?

What format did you use for the hard drive? You want to use Mac OS Extended (Journaled).