PDA

View Full Version : Thought I learned my lesson

Chip NoVaMac
Aug 6, 2004, 04:36 PM
Got this message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host '192.xxx.x.x' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/macrumor/public_html/csspvt/cssdbinit.inc on line 8
Unable to connect to database

the last time may have been my fault. Too many refreshes. this last one, I don't think fits that mold.

Thanks for the help.

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 05:07 PM
Warning: mysql_connect(): Host '192.168.1.4' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/macrumor/public_html/csspvt/cssdbinit.inc on line 8
Unable to connect to database

mmmm. is arn online or anything?

King Cobra
Aug 6, 2004, 05:35 PM
I got a Database Error. Go me.

I'm sure arn isn't going to like having 44 new private messages and 92 emails all relating back to the same thing.

telecomm
Aug 6, 2004, 05:36 PM
Wow, I've been having all sorts of crazy problems with the site and the forums. It took me a long time to get back to this thread, though I can't remember exactly what the error messages I got were, I did get some, even when trying to access the forums.

Weird.

dizastor
Aug 6, 2004, 05:51 PM
I'm getting the same error.

telecomm
Aug 6, 2004, 06:11 PM
Looks like the site's back up.

Chip NoVaMac
Aug 6, 2004, 06:15 PM
thought it was me...

thanks

Chip

MacFan26
Aug 6, 2004, 08:56 PM
I'm still getting the error occassionally trying to access the homepage, this has happened before, what exactly is causing this?

PlaceofDis
Aug 6, 2004, 09:29 PM
this happened about two weeks ago as well, as far as i can tell Macrumors and MacBytes home pages were both affected, then and now, but the forums were fine (due to the fact that they are on different servers)

i wonder what the problems and hopefully things will get sorted out

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 09:43 PM
I'm still getting the error occassionally trying to access the homepage, this has happened before, what exactly is causing this?
read the error message :p
it means that that host has been blocked because of too many errors, run that command and all will be well again :)

MacFan26
Aug 6, 2004, 10:00 PM
read the error message :p
it means that that host has been blocked because of too many errors, run that command and all will be well again :)
lol, I read the message.