Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khung601

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
I would like to learn about more detail of circuit at magsafe connector side. It has flexible PCB and circuit on it. I don't know function of IC U1. It use to control LED at magsafe connector or swith off adapter when battery full. Please help to advise me about more detail or method of circuit in this flexible PCB. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• P1030988.JPG
    P1030988.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 133

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
I would like to learn about more detail of circuit at magsafe connector side. It has flexible PCB and circuit on it. I don't know function of IC U1. It use to control LED at magsafe connector or swith off adapter when battery full. Please help to advise me about more detail or method of circuit in this flexible PCB. Thank you so much.

Are you trying to reverse engineer this? Ask Apple.

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009

That's what it sounds like to me too!... hmmm, a new member of MacRumors makes their first post about the circuitry in a very minuscule part of a very complex product??? sounds quite fishy. I would also suggest asking apple, I'm sure they won't mind divulging very detailed and possibly sensitive information about the design of their products... good luck with that.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well the center pin is a pivot and it's a postive polarity; since the adapter is reversible, one of the other pins is the negative pole with the other 2 as a data circuit; I don't know either since I can't inspect the circuit.

That's what it sounds like to me too!... hmmm, a new member of MacRumors makes their first post about the circuitry in a very minuscule part of a very complex product??? sounds quite fishy. I would also suggest asking apple, I'm sure they won't mind divulging very detailed and possibly sensitive information about the design of their products... good luck with that.

So what if the OP is trying to reverse engineer this? What would asking Apple do? And what's fishy about this? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.