Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ginjaninja70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
Hi,
I'm a struggling bedroom DJ trying to get the most out of my trusty G4, and am trying to find a cheap yet effective way of having one output going to my speakers and a separate output to my head-phones. Can anyone please tell me if the i-Mic will allow me to do this?
Many thanks.
James

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi,
I'm a struggling bedroom DJ trying to get the most out of my trusty G4, and am trying to find a cheap yet effective way of having one output going to my speakers and a separate output to my head-phones. Can anyone please tell me if the i-Mic will allow me to do this?
Many thanks.
James

Don't you want stereo? If you have the iMic then can't you use the audio output from the computer for the headphones and the iMic to drive the speakers?

ginjaninja70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
Don't you want stereo? If you have the iMic then can't you use the audio output from the computer for the headphones and the iMic to drive the speakers?

Yes that's what I want to try and achieve-but not sure if the G4 will run 2 stereo outputs (i.e. 4 Channels). I stereo channel through the G4 output and a separate stereo channel to the speakers via the iMic-do you know if the iMic is able to do this?
Thanks

electronique

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
You will need a multi-channel audio interface - Full stop.. No questions.
I understand you are on a budget. But if you want to be a DJ, you need one.. They do come pretty cheap nowadays.

ginjaninja70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
You will need a multi-channel audio interface - Full stop.. No questions.
I understand you are on a budget. But if you want to be a DJ, you need one.. They do come pretty cheap nowadays.

Great, thanks very much for the advice. Any particular multi-channel audio interface you'd recommend - I've heard 'Audio 2 DJ' is good?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.