PDA

View Full Version : G4 Powerbook battery charging issues

jd-media
Dec 10, 2009, 02:15 PM
Guys hoping for some assistance on a very annoying problem

I have a G4 1.67ghz powerbook, A1106 & the battery is not charging

A bit of history with the powerbook, It was purchased as a non runner for next to no money.

So far i have replaced the DC in board & the logic board (due to another problem)

Still the battery does not charge now i know the battery i have does charge as i have used a friends G4 to charge the battery, which it does. The Pram Battery appears to be healthy, as in i have tested the voltage coming out of the battery pack it;s self & it;s showing 3.7v which i think is what it should be

Tried the usual PMU, PRAM, NVRAM resets, reset it in Open firmware

so really at a loss now to what else it could be :(

vineyardgray
Dec 29, 2009, 04:29 PM
I bought the exact same laptop for very little money and replaced what I assumed to be the culprit - the DC IN board. No love, though, for me either. Battery still would not take a charge from inside the PB and neither would the unit run directly from the wall adapter.

I am able to run the unit off of a charged battery though, so I bought an external dual charger and an extra battery and I go through a quick-swap routine every couple hours or so, but it is a total pain in the junk.

I assume that the Logic board in mine is somehow faulty. And since I'm assuming you picked up a used logic board someplace I'm assuming yours is too.

Did you ever find a solution?